ANOTHER IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM THE I.R.S.
The IRS continues to urge taxpayers to do a Paycheck Checkup as soon as possible to see if they’re having their employer withhold the right amount of tax. The IRS Withholding Calculator can help taxpayers check their current withholding, determine if they need to adjust it and avoid tax filing surprises next year. Please help us get the word out — the earlier people check and adjust their withholding, the more time there is for changes to take place evenly during the rest of the year. Please share this important information with your members, clients or employees through your website, emails, social media accounts, newsletters or other channels.
Fact sheets: Learn the basics of withholding and estimated tax payments. The fact sheets attached to this message in English and Spanish are available on the Tax Reform Resources page where they are also available in Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese and Russian.
• FS-2019-4 – Tax withholding: How to get it right
• FS-2019-6 – Basics of estimated taxes for individuals
• Social media: Social media images and posts/tweets in English and Spanish are attached for use on your own social media accounts.
You can also share #PaycheckCheckup info from the IRS Instagram account – IRSNews – and the IRS Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts:
• @IRSnews – IRS news and tips for the public
• @IRSsmallbiz – Information for small businesses – NEW!
• @IRStaxpros – IRS information for tax professionals
• @IRSenEspanol – IRS news and tips in Spanish
Recorded webinar: View Understanding How to Do a Paycheck Checkup (60 min.) to see a step-by-step demo and hear a Q&A session.
• YouTube Videos: Get the highlights with these short videos:
• Paycheck Checkup: English | ASL
• How to Use Withholding Calculator for Paycheck Checkup: English
• IRS Withholding Calculator Tips: English | ASL
• Do I Need to Fill Out a New W-4?: English | ASL
Other resources and general information:
• Paycheck Checkup page on IRS.gov
• Tax Reform Resources page
• FAQs and additional drop-in articles
• One-page flier: Paycheck Checkup (Pub. 5303), also attached here in English and Spanish
• Subscribe now to get the IRS’s tax tips or news releases.
Janice M Barrios, CPP